CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

back ground

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Field trips this week.

We went up to the canyon this week and Anne H. saw this tarantula trying to attack Kellie K. well I wanted to catch it so I did. Took it home and found out that this is a male and that once the spikes form on his legs he will only have about a year to live. Males live for about 10 years and females live for up to 25 years and can grow up to 11" long. WOW CRAZY!!!!! Anyways, I love tarantula's I had two of them growing up and so this was a real find for me. : ) No we didn't keep it so you can still come over. : )

This is Corlie's hand so this spider is almost as big as her hand.




Can you see its fangs? COOL!!!!!









2 comments:

Bugs said...

Creepy but cool. I'll have my kids come to you for science.

Emma said...

I should have kept it. I gave it to Kellie who gave it to another home school family who collects crazy bugs and such. It was pretty cool though. I used to have tarantulas growing up. The black kind with pink feet. : ) Cute well as far as spiders go. : )