CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

back ground

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Homeschooling again

Hi all,
I have decided to homeschool Martha again. I went to the parent teacher conf. and all they could tell me is how concerned they are for her. I have asked them more then once to hold her back and they wont. They have her on a waiting list to be tested to see where she is at, in the mean time she is in her reg. class falling more and more behind. So in the intrest of my child I have pulled her from school. She is no longer calling herself stupid and telling me and/or Steve that her brain doesnt work. So I hope that explains to everyone why I pulled her from school. And I am really excited to be homeschooling again. It makes me feel like I am doing my job as a mother. I want to be the one to teach and train my children. Yes I know then why are you not homeschooling Corlie also? I need to get the hang of how Martha learns best before I take on another child. Corlie will be challenging in her own way. She is way advanced for her age and group so it will be a matter of making it hard enough for her. Wow who would have thought that two sisters could be totally diffrent and best friends at the same time. Corlie will probably not go next year and Daniel will not eather but we will deal with that when that time comes.

3 comments:

Stacee Maree said...

you go woman. I am not brave enough or have patients enough to teach small children.

Kellie, said...

I think that this is wonderful. I am so happy for Martha and you know you are perfectly capable of teaching all of your children at the same time, buck up and be brave.... Really Daniel and Corlie will be fine waiting until you get Martha settled. I can't believe she was calling herself stupid!! Public school can be so clueless sometimes.

Ginny Teague said...

I am so proud of you, Em! We love our homeschool, and can't imagine doing anything else. 7 years and counting! You will do a FABULOUS job! If you ever need a "pick me up" in the homeschool arena, call me! I would love to encourage you! :) Great blog, btw. I really enjoyed reading about your family.