CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

back ground

Friday, February 25, 2011

Inspire not require and a little bragging. :)



So I have been really impressed lately on how well inspire not require has been working. Daniel has started to read and is doing ok and Karissa comes to me almost every day and asks to learn to read she is starting to sound things out and because Shenna is there she also wants a turn so I am teaching my 2 year old the sounds of letters. I love that we are a reading family. I am also really impressed with my two older girls. I do not know what reading level Cor is at so I got a Leven Thump book and she is reading it with no difficulty and I read on the net that it is a 4.6 grade level. In school she would be in 3rd. I have a feeling she is more like a 5-6 grade level. Martha is not quite there but she will get there I have no doubt. Is she continues to follow her sisters lead. Then in no time we will all become great readers and have a thirst for knowledge. I love it in the morning I get up and tell the girls that it is time to get up. When I go in there to get them up again to make sure that they are getting dressed both of my girls are reading in bed. Some times they don't eat breakfast till 10:30 because they just cant put the books down. We went to the library today and when we got home the girls vanished. LOL I went to Cors room and there they were, both with their nose in a book. It makes me happy. I know that they are not classics but I am just glad to have them reading every chance they get. The classics we will read together for now and when they are ready to read them on their own that will be great. I think any reading is great reading for now.
We were packing to go on a trip and my girls tried to pack all of their books. :) Who needs clothes right? LOL. I had to tell them only 3 books each for our week trip.
I love that they are reading and that my younger kids want to start having love of learning days. It makes me think that I am not going to mess them up after all.:) Which of coarse is a good thing.
Above are how I found my girls after the library. Enjoy.

No comments: