CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

back ground

Saturday, April 24, 2010

My big picture

In charlotte Mason she wants us to write down what we want our children to be like when they are ready to leave our house. I thought about this and this is what I came up with. It is a little rambled but that is ok by me. So here goes.
When my children are standing at the door ready to leave my home I want to see someone who has a strong testimony of the Lord and have a personal relationship with Him. I want them to know who they are and what they want in life and know what it takes to make that happen. I want to see some one who who has strong values and has the courage to stand up to defend those values when necessary. I want to see someone who knows what hard work is and the benefits of that work. I want to see someone who knows what quality is because they have produced that.
I want to see someone who loves truth and liberty. Someone who loves this country and our founding fathers and who will fight for the freedoms that God has given us. I want them to know how our country was found and the sacrifice that it took to make us free. I what them to know how to stand up and defend our country and be willing to do so in times of need. I what them to love this county almost as much as they love the Lord.
I want them to have a thirst for knowledge. I want them to know who they are and what their purpose is in this life. I have a Friend who calls it "mission". I will call it that as well. I what them to know why they are here and what they are supposed to do while in this life. I want them to be able to fulfill that mission and have the world, society, town, ward, neighbors, or even just their home benefit from that. I want them to have the confidence to look at some thing that needs to be done and say to themselves that they can do that. Then do it.
I want them to marry in the temple of the Lord for time and all eternity. I want them to find someone who will love them and respect. I want them in return to love and respect their spouse and know what it takes to create a happy home and a unified marriage.
I will probably add to this but for now this is good.
Enjoy. : )

1 comment:

Sparrow said...

That's beautiful Emma. {{{hugs}}}