CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

back ground

Sunday, April 11, 2010

My feelings of being a bishops wife.

When Steve and I were asked to come in and talk with the Stake President we couldn't fathom what kind of a calling was coming. After he asked if Steve would except the calling as bishop of the 3rd ward we were both dome founded. Steve has done a lot of fasting and praying and I know that he will do a great job. Even when he doesn't feel like he is adequate enough. He is an incredible person and I am so grateful for him. I am grateful and humbled to have him and to have him called as a bishop of the ward. In his blessing of being set apart it said that our family would have the blessings needed to support him. We were talking about that earlier and I truly believe that we will have the blessings necessary to do so.
I have had some fears. One of my fears is that people will look at me different. I am not different. I am not better than anyone else. I have been afraid that some of my friends will feel different towards me. I hope that this is just paranoid.
As far as how I feel as being a mom and having Steve on the stand. I think that part will be ok. There have been some really wonderful ladies come up to me and tell me that they will be more then willing to help me with the kids. Which I am very grateful for. I really do have a really great ward and I am so grateful for every ones support and love. Thank you!!!!

6 comments:

Stacee Maree said...

You are still you! Was Bugs anyone but Bugs? Nothing changes and you will be just fine as a bishops wife!

Miller Family said...

Congrats and good luck. We were super excited when we read your blog. The way I see it is this is just another testament that Heavenly father loves you and has confidence in your families abilities. Our prayers are with you, especially since we know it will take some time to adjust.

Sparrow said...

{{{hugs}}} It's just paranoia.
You'll be a wonderful Bishop's wife and Steve is gonna be an awesome Bishop! Makes me wish I were in your ward! :))

Bugs said...

Yes, the blessings will come. Abundantly. You just have to be able to see them sometimes. I found it's a lot in the attitude.
Just keep being you. It's too hard to try to be anything/anybody else.

Emma said...

Thanks guys. I love being able to be friends with so many wonderful people. : )

crazy walter 7 said...

I am soooooooooooo excited. Your husband will make a wonderful bishop and you will be a fantatic mother of our ward. And I will love you all the same. Thanks for being my friend. Hope we can still Rock out. :)